• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Receptor and gene interaction

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sathish Kumar Murali

Sathish Kumar Murali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:29 AM

Hi all,
I need a help from someone who is familiar with receptor and gene interaction. I have a receptor and gene of my interest and would like to know if they interact with each other. Is there a possible way to find this through some bio informatic tools. For your information, I am looking into mouse and human receptors. I am very new to this field and looking forward to learn many things. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sathish Kumar.

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,794 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 July 2012 - 01:18 PM

It depends on the receptor as to how extensively it has been studied and how good the predictive tools are. If you go to Nucleic acids research (nar.oxfordjournals.org), you should be able to find links on the right hand side of the page for webserver and database collections, that may be some help for you.

#3 Sathish Kumar Murali

Sathish Kumar Murali

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 July 2012 - 01:23 AM

It depends on the receptor as to how extensively it has been studied and how good the predictive tools are. If you go to Nucleic acids research (nar.oxfordjournals.org), you should be able to find links on the right hand side of the page for webserver and database collections, that may be some help for you.

Thanks for the reply. But I am looking for some kind of bio informatic tool to find the sequence of the receptor and gene. Then compare those two sequences to find a likely binding site between these two sequences. Because I am looking for an interaction which has not been published before and would like know if bioinformatic tool will help me.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.