• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Help! No knockdown if EGFP with HEK 293/GFP cells from Cell Biolabs

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eesem

eesem

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:08 PM

We purchased HEK293 cells from Cell Biolabs that stably express EGFP. The goal was to knockdown the EGFP expression using siRNAs and then rescue it with different chemical compounds. However, I have not been able to get a visible effect of knockdown or show one with an RT-PCR of the mRNA. I'm using 3 uL of total RNA for a series of dilutions (undiluted, 1:10, 1:100 and 1:1000) from the cells to do the RT-PCR verification and now I'm wondering if that is too much and I'm swamping out the effect? I tried to design the siRNAs myself (which may be part of the problem) and generated them with a Silencer siRNA construction kit. Then I found some old validated EGFP siRNA from Ambion that I've tried also with the same results. I've been transfecting the cells with lipofectamine, but I have a sample of RNaiMax that I'm going to try next. I'm assessing knockdown at 48 hours post-transfection and I know that EGFP has a half-life around 24-26 hours. I'm relatively new to transfection and siRNA work so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Erin

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.