• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

One siRNA sequence, many cell lines

siRNA

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jmafs

jmafs

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 June 2012 - 09:41 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to process of siRNA transfection and I was wondering: Will one siRNA sequence (previously validated in the lab) be good enough to transfect multiple other cell lines from the same organism? I understand that the actual process of transfection will be different for each cell line, but I am curious as to whether I need to also worry about the sequence itself.

Thanks!

#2 Anexum

Anexum

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 June 2012 - 06:03 AM

Hi all,

I'm new to process of siRNA transfection and I was wondering: Will one siRNA sequence (previously validated in the lab) be good enough to transfect multiple other cell lines from the same organism? I understand that the actual process of transfection will be different for each cell line, but I am curious as to whether I need to also worry about the sequence itself.

Thanks!

Sequence shouldnt be a problem for transient or stable transfections tbh, you may need to change the vector but apart from that the sequence should not change.
Depending on the gene its knockdown could kill the cell,though tbh, that is a rare occurance and is usually only if its a cell signalling protien key to anti-apoptotic signalling

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.