• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Using out-dated equipment to image agarose gel samples-help

agarose imaging bio rad universal hood 170

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Juneslab

Juneslab

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 May 2012 - 01:15 PM

Our lab has received a used bio rad universal hood 170-8126 and a RS 170 camera. It is wished to configure the machine to a gel doc setting using bio rad quantity one software. The setup did not come with a VG5 PCI card and I was wondering if anyone has experience making this system work with a different, more accessible and affordable card, or with serial to USB adapters.

After many talks with tech support they are adamant that I need a VG5 card and a computer with XP installed over windows 7. I was hoping that someone could help me with the software disconnect and if anyone had experience hooking the double serial port setup up to a computer without a VG5 card.

Thank you for your time

#2 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,804 posts
Excellent

Posted 17 May 2012 - 11:00 AM

they may be referring to the scion vg-5 scientific frame grabber card in which case you won't be able to use the equipment without it or a similar card. unfortunately, the card is selling for $1035.

can you get the card (and maybe the software) from the lab that gave you the equipment (if they haven't discarded the computer)?
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.