• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

RNAi in combination with adenoviral-mediated over-expression

adenovirus siRNA shRNA gene knockdown

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rae

Rae

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 08 May 2012 - 07:17 AM

Hi
I work with hard-to-transfect primary human cells. I need to use adenoviral-mediated transduction to over-express genes of interest in these cells but can get acceptable gene knockdown using standard siRNA (without viral delivery). I want to knockdown expression of one gene in cells I've over-expressed another gene in. My problem is I get massive cell death even with my scrambled siRNA when I do this. I've tried transfecting with the siRNA, waiting 48h then infecting with the adenovirus and I've tried simultaneously introducing the siRNA and virus. (One of the genes I'm over-expressing with the virus causes apoptosis & in theory silencing the other gene should protect against this so it won't really work to do the viral infection first then knockdown the 2nd gene which is why I haven't tried that combination). I can use the same transfection reagent (Xtremegene HP) for both siRNA and virus & my mock transfected cells don't die. Has anyone else encountered this problem? Any suggestions or any ideas why the virus/siRNA combination is toxic?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.