• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

What would happened if I forgot to wash embyos with PBST after fixed them with 4

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 missdaisy

missdaisy

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 April 2012 - 05:37 PM

Hi all,

Maybe this is just a stupid question about the ISH, but I was just wondering.. let's say.. if I'm doing ISH on zebrafish embryo. After the rehydration stuff and proteinase K treatment, I'll need to fix the embryo with 4% paraformaldehyde and then wash them in PBST before incubate them with hybridization solution. If I fix the embryo with that paraformaldehyde but accidentally skip the washing step afterwards, will that interfere my ISH? If yes, how?

Thank you so much for all the answer!

Daisy

Edited by missdaisy, 25 April 2012 - 05:41 PM.

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,784 posts
Excellent

Posted 26 April 2012 - 01:05 PM

Potentially yes, the PFA can fluoresce, so if you are doing FISH this may be a problem. For standard ISH, presence of PFA may alter the hybridisation temperature, and/or make the embryos hard to permeabilise.

#3 missdaisy

missdaisy

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 April 2012 - 04:34 PM

Potentially yes, the PFA can fluoresce, so if you are doing FISH this may be a problem. For standard ISH, presence of PFA may alter the hybridisation temperature, and/or make the embryos hard to permeabilise.

thanks a lot!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.