• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Ecoli bacteria storage

Ecoli stock

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mati

Mati

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 April 2012 - 05:35 PM

Hi guys

I have stored my Ecoli bacterial solution in - 80 centigrade and forgot to add glycerol ??
Now already 3 months has been passed , wandering what should i will do because i have to use these for my experiment .
Please help me out
Thanks

#2 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts
Excellent

Posted 02 April 2012 - 06:27 PM

You can try reviving them, but I'm skeptical about their survival. If necessary, you can miniprep from the frozen culture to recover plasmid, then re-transform.

#3 Mati

Mati

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 April 2012 - 07:34 PM

Thanks for your reply
What do you mean by miniprep , should i try to culture using same bacterial sol in LB broth and then extract plasmid, if there will be some growth ??

#4 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,332 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Thanks for your reply
What do you mean by miniprep , should i try to culture using same bacterial sol in LB broth and then extract plasmid, if there will be some growth ??

He means you could try to get the plasmids out of the dead cells, so the plasmids arent lost.

ANd indeed, most likely they are dead, but you can still try to revive them.. nothing lost trying..

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.