• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Plasmids purification

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nicolas cazeaux

nicolas cazeaux

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 February 2002 - 04:52 AM

I have purificated DNA with QIAGEN kit, but sometimes (i don't know why) I have contamination of this preparation . the 260/280 ratio is between 1.8 and 2 , but when I try to make a calcium phosphate precipitated it doesn't appear.
How to remove the contaminant (probably LPS..)of the preparation of plasmids? I heard about using Triton, how to do?

#2 Cthulhu

Cthulhu

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 February 2002 - 06:34 AM

It's about transfection, right? What Qiagen kit have you used? You might want to try their 'Endofree plasmid kit' which removes LPS.

#3 sankar

sankar

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 February 2002 - 10:18 PM

Why not you use the Eppendorf 5 prime perfect prep plasmid kit instead. This kit can be used directly for the transfection work.This kit does not use orgnic solvent and hence will be well suited for your application

#4 aldevron

aldevron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 February 2002 - 07:53 PM

Aldevron's RedStar system effectively removes LPS from plasmid preps and provides transfection-ready DNA. Please see http://www.aldevron.com for details. I will be happy to arrange for a free prep if you would like to evaluate the service.

Best regards,

Michael
chambers@aldevron.com

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.