• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

"What People Think I Do / What I Really Do"

memes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,506 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 March 2012 - 01:24 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and many funny others...just google them...

Edited by hobglobin, 22 March 2012 - 01:26 PM.

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#2 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

:P yup, really funny...and let's not forget that this is actually what we do (esp on weekends...):

Posted Image
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#3 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,506 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:09 PM

more or less the same as this:

Posted Image
Posted Image
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#4 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2012 - 12:20 PM

sure sure.....but they have a reasont to celebrate at least...while you guys need no excuse: :lol:

Posted Image

#5 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,265 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2012 - 02:31 PM

First post, 3the set of pictures, last picture, I cant really remember I gave anyone the permission to take a picture of my desk.. altough, I must admit I cleaned my desk that day. So no real harm done there.
If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some then not ask and stay stupid.

#6 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2012 - 05:23 PM

First post, 3the set of pictures, last picture, I cant really remember I gave anyone the permission to take a picture of my desk.. altough, I must admit I cleaned my desk that day. So no real harm done there.

really, pito? but then you forgot the few sheets on the floor....:P

Posted Image

Edited by casandra, 23 March 2012 - 05:24 PM.

#7 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,265 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2012 - 03:36 AM

really, pito? but then you forgot the few sheets on the floor....Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, like I said.. I cleaned my desk that day.. I had to put those sheets (as you can see in the picture, only a few, not worth mentioning) somewhere.. and the floor was close, so...
If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some then not ask and stay stupid.

#8 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2012 - 10:04 AM

Posted Image yup, really funny...and let's not forget that this is actually what we do (esp on weekends...):

Posted Image

How I wish I am in Canada... we dont practice this in Malaysia: we work 24-7: working = no drinking. :P
http://thestar.com.m...6319&sec=nation

Also, a large bottle of Heineken Beer cost almost USD 4/ MYR16, or USD 2 / MYR 8 in a normal can... kind of expensive here. I bought USD1.5 for a beer in Thailand...
This explains why we dont drink much here (majority were Muslims in my country): http://www.who.int/s...t/en/index.html
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#9 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 March 2012 - 11:15 AM

Posted Image yup, really funny...and let's not forget that this is actually what we do (esp on weekends...):

Posted Image

How I wish I am in Canada... we dont practice this in Malaysia: we work 24-7: working = no drinking. Posted Image

Also, a large bottle of Heineken Beer cost almost USD 4/ MYR16, or USD 2 / MYR 8 in a normal can... kind of expensive here. I bought USD1.5 for a beer in Thailand...
This explains why we dont drink much here (majority were Muslims in my country): http://www.who.int/s...t/en/index.html

you guys work even harder than the Japanese? c'mon... :P and alcohol is heavily taxed here and its sale is more or less controlled (special outlets, license requirements, etc) but those are not a deterrent in the end cos we like our alcohol :D...and it's really understandable why you guys con't drink much or at all...

#10 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2012 - 03:29 AM

How I wish I am in Canada... we dont practice this in Malaysia: we work 24-7: working = no drinking. Posted Image

you guys work even harder than the Japanese? c'mon... Posted Image and alcohol is heavily taxed here and its sale is more or less controlled (special outlets, license requirements, etc) but those are not a deterrent in the end cos we like our alcohol Posted Image...and it's really understandable why you guys con't drink much or at all...

Since I'm not Muslim and that's the reason I am okay to drink in Malaysia... Posted Image
First of all, I drink as many beer or red wine as I can, as long as is free flow (usually in wedding dinner). If someone were to knock me off in beer drinking, they should have prepare at least 3 towers.

Posted Image

Beers anyone?

p/s: My most daring drinking experience is drinking beer at a bus stop in front of a police station in Bangkok, Thailand. Nope, I didn't get drunk or create any trouble ^_^

Edited by Adrian K, 25 March 2012 - 03:46 AM.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#11 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,506 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2012 - 08:05 AM

and I thought you went into the police station finally and puked on their desk Posted Image

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.