• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Inserting Cyp1B1 into pCMV-3Tag-6 plasmid

cloning ligation transformation plasmid construct

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 TDC_Tiger

TDC_Tiger

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 March 2012 - 09:16 AM

Hey,

This is my first post on here, and I hope you all can help.

I've been attempting to insert the 7.8 Kb Cyp1B1 gene into a 5.2 Kb plasmid (called pCMV-3tag-6, which can be found on page 8 of this site: http://www.genomics....nual/240195.pdf). I have been digesting the plasmid and pcr product of Cyp1B1 with Hind3 and EcoRV, and after each digest, I denature the enzymes at 80C for 20 min. I know that the digest for the plasmid is working due to controls that I have done (ligation efficiency after single cut digests and double digests). However, I don't have a test for a digest of the pcr product. For some reason though, I cannot get the insert into the plasmid. I know that the ligase works and I've tried a number of different insert to vector molar ratios (from 3:1 --> 10:1), but nothing seems to work. I have even tried inserting much smaller pieces (300bp which have been digested from much larger pcr product). For some reason I am having extreme difficulty ligating anything into this plasmid. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

T.D.C.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: cloning, ligation, transformation, plasmid construct

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.