• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Extra variable in scattered chart?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Paja

Paja

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 March 2012 - 06:18 AM

Hi,
I am solving problem of what would be a proper chart to show all information hidden in my data. I was requested by paper reviewer to replace my boxplot chart and to use scattered graph to show all measurements of all patients, which is no problem. But! I was requested to distinguish inside each depicted group (disease A, disease B, controls, ...) also gender of every single spot by using different symbols (full vs. empty symbol) and I have no statistical software to do so.
Please, if anyone can advise the way ho to do that, I will appreciate it very much!
Thank you,
Paja

#2 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,465 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 March 2012 - 09:32 AM

with R you can do that and I guess with other software like Sigmaplot, excel (not sure) etc too...R is free but needs to be learnt...the others cost some money...
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.