• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

big differnece in my primers Tm

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 zogene

zogene

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 24 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 January 2012 - 02:25 AM

Hello

I have to do cloning and I have cDNA but the problem is with primers, I designed the primers and eventually one of them has Tm 66 the other is 80, I did gradient PCR with control DNA and I have very small barely seen band at 76, can i proceed my experiment though or should I redesign my primers?

any advice will be appreciateed.
Thank you so much in advance.

"Be the change that you wish to see in the world"

#2 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 January 2012 - 09:55 AM

Tm 80 is really high. "At 76" means what? Barelly seen band would be difficult to clone. I would redesign.

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

#3 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,525 posts
Excellent

Posted 19 January 2012 - 10:48 AM

As it's a gradient PCR 76 surely refers to 76°C as one of the annealing temperatures (as lowest?). Anyway I'd redesign it too, for me around 72°C is kind of limit (then having a two step PCR) and the differences anyway shouldn't be too large.

Edited by hobglobin, 19 January 2012 - 10:49 AM.

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.