• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

The morphology of THP-1

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 eck

eck

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 November 2011 - 09:10 PM

Hi,
So this has been a huge concern in our lab because of the inconsistencies we see with our THP-1 culture.

Do they adhere to cell culture flasks? Generally I don't tend to change my flask every time I split my cells because I find it wasting in plastic, but maybe this is sacrificing the health of my THP-1 cells. There are a few cells that tend to adhere to my culture flasks. Sometimes I do change flasks, but I still see some adherent cells after a while.

Are they meant to be clumpy or not? I have dealt with 4 cultures of THP-1, they are however in different passage states. Some are much older but the most recent batch which I brought up last week, I've changed the media twice and somehow when I looked under the microscope, it seems clumpy. I'm not sure if this is normal because the other three cultures don't have this property. I have seen other people who have mentioned their THP-1 cultures being clumpy, but I thought it wasn't a property that these cells exhibit.

These cells are grown in RPMI with 10% FCS, 1% P/S, 1% Glutamax, and .1% B-Mercaptoethanol.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.