• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

No activity of fungi protein in E.coli

heteroexpression

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#16 Biogareth

Biogareth

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 November 2011 - 02:33 AM

pET16b has no leader for secretion ...so we can rule that problem out!

Have you ever checked plasmid stability? ...maybe, since you use a constitutive promoter, there is strong selection pressure towards plasmid free cells or mutations that abolish production of your gene of interest. I would use an inducible system (and stick to the protocol as much as possible!).

Another thing is that they assayed the activity after purification with a Ni-column ...maybe your enzyme is not active in the crude extract? ...or did i got something wrong and you also purified your enzyme?

Regards,
p

For expression of this enzyme, Janpanese guy found that the similar amount of protein was expressed with or without IPTG by pET16b vector. It is quite strange, and I don't how to explain this phenomenon. Does it mean that the strong promoter pTrc dosen't influence the expression of protein?
In addition, if purified enzyme has the activity, I think crude enzyme should have activity as well. No inhibition compound was reported.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.