• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Iipoprotein determination

lipoprotein electrophoresis TLC HPLC

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 swizla21

swizla21

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 11 October 2011 - 03:27 PM

Hi,

Im currently trying to separate lipoproteins (HDL, VDL, LDL). Once separated is there anyway to determine what I have separated is that particular type of lipoprotein?

I am not in need to quantify the lipoprotein just prove with some degree that it is either HDL, LDL, VLDL.

I shall then dilute the lipoprotein and place them in to a boyden chambre and analyse to see if any THP-1 differentiated macrophages migrate towards them.

Riz

#2 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 October 2011 - 11:38 AM

as it shows in the pictures with your procedure, the bands will be prominent and you'll be able to determine which is which by their position in the gradient.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#3 swizla21

swizla21

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 October 2011 - 05:07 PM

But is there a catagorical way to determine what they are. For example if i took samples off the band and gave them to someone but I did not label them. Could i performa test to one confirm they are lipids and secondly that they are either LDL, HDL etc? for some reason im thing of some sort of electrophoresis procedure!

#4 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,616 posts
Excellent

Posted 13 October 2011 - 05:09 AM

the papers referenced (and linked) in one of your other threads show electrophoretic identification of the three lipoproteins.

Edited by mdfenko, 13 October 2011 - 05:15 AM.

talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.