• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Micro-incinerator usage

Micro-incinerator Bunsen burner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 eyluloguz

eyluloguz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 October 2011 - 12:36 AM

Is there anyone using microincinerator in their microbiology laboratories? I'm curious if it is necessary or not because according to Turkish Health Ministry, it should be used instead of Bunsen burner at every laboratory.
If anyone using, could you please compare Bunsen burner and microincinerator and also possible benefits of microincinerator?

#2 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,334 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 October 2011 - 02:53 AM

Doesnt the governement provide documentation about why you need to use the microincinerator rather then a bunsen burner? Because if not.. it doesnt make sense.
They must have a reason to make this law..

I cant see a real reason...

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#3 Phil Geis

Phil Geis

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 218 posts
Good

Posted 14 October 2011 - 04:30 AM

I am familiar with concerns for open flames in labs to drive folks to use microincinerators - to the point that many are now being built without natural gas connections.

#4 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 2,484 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 October 2011 - 06:50 AM

I believe the regulatory concern is that flames induce local boiling and splattering of cultures, which can lead to viable splashes. The incinerators heat from the outside in and are enclosed, eliminating this potential issue.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.