• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Anoyone knows a good reliable gel documentation system?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bio_auto

bio_auto

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2011 - 01:40 AM

I'm looking for a good gel documentation system. I'm about to use several techniques such as Chemiluminescence, fluorescent and colorimetric applications.

Any help out there?
Thanks in advance.

#2 LauraG

LauraG

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:34 AM

Hi there,

Well...there are many gel documentation systems out there. It depends on what your exact purpose is.

I can only speak for my lab: we are using DNR Bio-Imaging Systems's stuff: MicroChemi for chemiluminescence and ChemiBIS for colorimetric. Pretty cool stuff if you ask me. You can check their web site (www.dnr-is.com) and see if it fits your needs.

But as I stated before there are many gel documentation systems out there - it really depends what your goals are, your budget, etc.

Good luck Posted Image

#3 BioMiha

BioMiha

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 235 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2011 - 05:41 AM

We recently bought the Alliance 2.7 from UVITec Cambridge and use it for a variety of applications. So far we have been very satisfied with it. They also have a more powerful version 4.7 which was out of our price range but should be even better.

#4 PostDocTrauma

PostDocTrauma

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 September 2011 - 12:40 PM

we have a Gbox chemi from syngene. It's very easy to use and we use for all our gels and blots.

#5 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:48 AM

we have a Gbox chemi from syngene. It's very easy to use and we use for all our gels and blots.

I use this too for EtBr gels...
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.