• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

PhD ?????

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:52 AM

and what are you, dr H? An unnatural speaker...Posted Image...and of course you can use whiter, redder etc....just the same as saying you're "more wrong" most of the time or and me- "more right"......my gosh, Ameya...you're sounding like Sheldon Cooper...Posted Image..

luckily I edited it before you posted Posted Image and sure you can use it, but it's senseless as this are colours and not frequencies of being right or wrong...(and here you're surely more often wrong Posted Image )
what is greener here?

Posted Image
Posted Image

ppfftt....that is easy....green is greener than bright green which is greener than pale green which is less limey greener than lime green which in turn is less army greener than army green and of coursedark, green is the greenest of all....according to casandra's not-so-green brown eyes which are browner than Spidey.....:lol:..
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#17 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,523 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 September 2011 - 08:59 AM

ppfftt....that is easy....green is greener than bright green which is greener than pale green which is less limey greener than lime green which in turn is less army greener than army green and of coursedark, green is the greenest of all....according to casandra's not-so-green brown eyes which are browner than Spidey.....Posted Image..

and this post showed the most colourful shade of craziness...Posted Image
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#18 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 September 2011 - 09:03 AM

ppfftt....that is easy....green is greener than bright green which is greener than pale green which is less limey greener than lime green which in turn is less army greener than army green and of coursedark, green is the greenest of all....according to casandra's not-so-green brown eyes which are browner than Spidey.....Posted Image..

and this post showed the most colourful shade of craziness...Posted Image

and who gave these labels anyways...that pale green is more minty green and the army green looks more a like a darker avocado...I hope you have no furnitures in any of these greens dr H....:lol:...

#19 Ameya P

Ameya P

Rervm Cognoscere Cavsas

• Moderators
  • 330 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2011 - 01:50 AM

The creepy (greeny) craziness of Casandra.

Bringing you all back to the topic,

I spoke to my Boss and we concluded that I should hold the thought of the PhD for at least a year cause the company wants me to stay for a while. So, I can ask for a raise!!!!

The question is how much is a good ask? 10%, 50% or 100% (isn't that one's dream come true)

NEW!!!!  RotM: Our Interview with Prof. Steven Churchill on CoffeeTableScience!!!!

Image copyright: Adrian Koh SF.
Replication of this art is strictly prohibited without express permission of the artist

#20 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 September 2011 - 02:21 AM

WOW, good news Ameya!!! Congrats!!!

You shall treat me a great Indian curry serve with Naan-Tandori if I were to visit India.

Usually depends on your company's policy. 10-30% is normal, but still, depend's on your basic income.
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#21 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 September 2011 - 01:47 PM

The creepy (greeny) craziness of Casandra.

Bringing you all back to the topic,

I spoke to my Boss and we concluded that I should hold the thought of the PhD for at least a year cause the company wants me to stay for a while. So, I can ask for a raise!!!!

The question is how much is a good ask? 10%, 50% or 100% (isn't that one's dream come true)

awww....but who started the 'whiter' discussion? We were soo on track until you decided to derail your own thread...I guess congrats are in order, Ameya.....:P as for your raise, it depends on which level you are in the salary scale...a 5 to10% increase would not be so shameless...:lol:...

#22 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,523 posts
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2011 - 09:57 AM

Here is the link to the Lab Times article about the disposable academic. Fair warning: It's quite discouraging and disenchanting....Posted Image

Lab Times Homepage
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#23 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 29 September 2011 - 11:43 AM

Here is the link to the Lab Times article about the disposable academic. Fair warning: It's quite discouraging and disenchanting....Posted Image

Lab Times Homepage

yup, really discouraging, dr H......and one in five getting a faculty position is a very optimistic estimate, I think...

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.