• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

protein precipitation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 aciccia76

aciccia76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 January 2003 - 06:56 PM

I precipitates my protein with acetone, but I'd like to get rid of salts as the gel is not migrating well. What can I use to wash the pellet?

Many thanks,
Alberto

#2 vaires

vaires

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 March 2003 - 07:59 AM

Hi Alberto,

I had the same problem. I tried with a second acetone precipitation and the salt sediment was almost away and the electrophoresis worked very good.
I hope that can help you.

Viviana

#3 withmi

withmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 June 2003 - 05:57 AM

I had the same problem. I tried with a second acetone precipitation and the salt sediment was almost away and the electrophoresis worked very good.
I hope that can help you
hi
as usual we have two or three acetone precipitation ,if salt of solution is high,it is a good way to use TCA precipitation,
try it

#4 withmi

withmi

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 June 2003 - 05:58 AM

hi
as usual we have two or three acetone precipitation ,if  salt of solution is high,it is a good way to use TCA precipitation,
try it

hi
as usual we have two or three acetone precipitation ,if salt of solution is high,it is a good way to use TCA precipitation,
try it

#5 zhaoliang

zhaoliang

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 September 2004 - 07:10 PM

as usual we have two or three acetone precipitation ,if  salt of solution is high,it is a good way to use TCA precipitation,
try it

if so, loss much protein,don't you?

#6 lilian_gz

lilian_gz

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 September 2004 - 07:07 PM

Hi Alberto,

I hope that can help you.

Viviana

Did you use the gel for western blot? I read a paper using 300ug/lane, I really don't know how to get such high concentration of protein. Hope the percipitation will help!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.