• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Recombinant protein from cell lysate

sephadex column lectin column 130KDa protein

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 proteinsolutions

proteinsolutions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 August 2011 - 09:42 AM

Hi, I am trying to purify a recombinant unlabelled glycoprotein protein from a mammalian cell lysate. Can any expert suggest, which are the shortest ways to purify this protein? I am using lectin affinity followed by sephadex 200 for purifying this 130 KDa protein. I tried 2 times i get it on SDS page but no immunoblot activity. I suspect protein gets denatured.
I need some suggestions.

#2 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:34 AM

did your unpurified crude extract shows immunoblot activity???
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#3 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,709 posts
Excellent

Posted 29 August 2011 - 10:54 AM

the protein is denatured by sds-page. you need to use an antibody qualified for immunoblotting.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#4 proteinsolutions

proteinsolutions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:13 AM

did your unpurified crude extract shows immunoblot activity???

Yes, It blots with monoclonal, even the elute fraction blots but the immunoactivity is much decreased. Also the undesired protein bands sustains in the purified fraction.

#5 proteinsolutions

proteinsolutions

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 August 2011 - 04:14 AM

Yes, It blots with monoclonal, even the elute fraction blots but the immunoactivity is much decreased. Also the undesired protein bands sustains in the purified fraction.

<p class="ipsLikeBar right clearfix" id="rep_post_118588" style="margin-top: 10px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 10px; margin-left: 0px; padding-top: 0px; padding-right: 0px; padding-bottom: 0px; padding-left: 0px; float: right; font-size: 11px; ">

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.