• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

New bioforum look again???

or my cpu error??

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:44 AM

IS this a new bioforum look or is my computer's error?? kinda .... not used to it...

Edited by Adrian K, 14 August 2011 - 02:45 AM.

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#2 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,525 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 02:48 AM

or you're in the wrong forum? Posted Image
I already start to like the new look, even if some stuff is weird (profile comments) or not working good (avatar photos)...anyway thanks for the new and more modern look, bioforum Posted Image

PS and it's annoying if you cannot see if someone is online or not on every post (the green or not green figure in the old design on the left side)

Edited by hobglobin, 14 August 2011 - 02:50 AM.

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#3 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 03:12 AM

No, this is not a skin change, but a major upgrade of the forum program with many new features. We have not yet got everything to work properly in the new version and are sorry for the inconvenience.

#4 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,328 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:35 AM

I already start to like the new look, even if some stuff is weird (profile comments) or not working good (avatar photos)...anyway thanks for the new and more modern look, bioforum Posted Image

PS and it's annoying if you cannot see if someone is online or not on every post (the green or not green figure in the old design on the left side)

The avaters is simple to solve: go to your profile and re-upload your (same) picture... Then it works.
Very strange.... but it did the trick for me.

Altough: I am using another computer now.. and I have the same problem again: a red cross in stead of the picture , weird.. really weird...

No, this is not a skin change, but a major upgrade of the forum program with many new features. We have not yet got everything to work properly in the new version and are sorry for the inconvenience.

I dont like the fact that you cant send message anymore like you used to... Now you need to go to the persons his/her profile and then click on message and then click on use full editor ...

Before you could do this in 1 click less ...

And the new style in general: I prefered the old style.

Edited by pito, 14 August 2011 - 09:38 AM.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#5 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,328 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 09:41 AM

The avaters is simple to solve: go to your profile and re-upload your (same) picture... Then it works.
Very strange.... but it did the trick for me.

Altough: I am using another computer now.. and I have the same problem again: a red cross in stead of the picture , weird.. really weird...

Really weird:

I did it again on my other computer and again: now I see the picture after I re-uploaded it on the website... strange...

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#6 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,525 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 12:41 PM

thanks for the tip it seems to work so far...and luckily I've no gravatar...Posted Image
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#7 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:30 PM

yup, I loaded a new avatar...variatio delectat.....:)
but I just wanted to ask why we can't choose other skins as before....cos I prefer the red red wine....
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#8 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 07:35 PM

omg....and now most of the avatars are back just after I changed mine.....Murphy's Law in full force...thanks bioforum...:)

#9 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 August 2011 - 08:36 PM

Hi Bioforum,
Can you brief the changes? maybe if you can publish a changelog?
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#10 LostintheLab

LostintheLab

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 62 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 August 2011 - 01:25 AM

My avatar has been squished! aside from that- I think it looks pretty nice.
I knew it! I knew it! Well, not in the sense of having the slightest idea, but I knew there was something I didn't know.

#11 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,525 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:19 AM

Things I still find weird or annoying:
  • You cannot see if someone is online while posting in a thread, e.g. the other person already left and so there's no need to wait if he/she posts again or not...
  • The comments in the profiles are gone, except an arbitrarily one (that is surprisingly visible if the mouse pointer is above a member name)...if you remove it, another one is visible again...weird for me
  • The avatars are too large and kind of "dominating" the look in the threads now...
  • the smileys look blurry, it's difficult to distinguish them

Edited by hobglobin, 15 August 2011 - 08:26 AM.

#12 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:26 AM

yup, aesthetically, a lot of these Mr Ghost avatars are not so appealing...perhaps better to remove them, reduce the size or force everyone to have an one :P...anyways, I'm pretty sure that the upgrade is not yet completed...and at least the colourful quote background is gone.....

#13 hobglobin

hobglobin

• Global Moderators
  • 5,525 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2011 - 08:39 AM

and my first point is already solved, i.e. if you see the small window you know if someone is still there or not...only a bit slow...Posted Image

#14 bioforum

bioforum

Veteran

• Super Administrators
  • 162 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2011 - 06:00 PM

Hi guys,

Please visit this thread to find out the new features coming with this upgrade.

Cheers,

Bioforum

#15 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,034 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 August 2011 - 07:38 PM

Thanks bioforum....and since this is chitchat I think I can dare ask:what the heck happened to the fat panda? and that cat.....hmmm....it looks kinda mesmerised (at least I didn't say stoned)....Posted Image...

Edited by casandra, 15 August 2011 - 07:39 PM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.