Jump to content

  • Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Antibody Optimization


  • Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Ambinlab

Ambinlab

    Enthusiast

  • Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 63 posts
1
Neutral

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:12 PM

Dear All,

I am stuck in optimizing an antibody which gives a LOT OF background to get the endogenous protein. it is supernatant so I cannot dilute so much. Do you have any idea how to remove all those non specific bindings?

So far, I have tried the following and none of them worked properly:

1-different blocking agents: 5% milk, 3% and 5% BSA, mix of BSA and Milk - the best one was 5% BSA overnight
2- small dilutions with 10% BSA - no work
3- I stripped the blot once, it didnot help

:(((((((
It drives me crazy. please help

thanks

#2 jopa

jopa

    member

  • Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
0
Neutral

Posted 30 July 2011 - 02:57 PM

If you're optimizing you should also try different antibody dilutions, both first and secondary.

Probably you're used o much antibodies in your solutions.

cheers,

#3 ickypimp

ickypimp

    member

  • Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
1
Neutral

Posted 12 August 2011 - 03:05 AM

I agree with the above.. i have just finished optimising a WB using sera from rabbit against xenopus TFAM, i have ended up using the sera at 1/40,000 dilution for 2 hours, 2 hours in goat anti rabbit HRP 1/20,000 for 2 hours then visualised with ECL, exposed on a Fuji LAS 3000 for 1 minute




Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.