• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Can someone recommend me a virtual PCR software?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Annamolec

Annamolec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 July 2011 - 01:59 AM

Hello,
I am working in environmental molecular microbiology. I am getting strange PCR results with a new primer pair. I would like a virtual PCR software to check the specificity. can someone recommend me one?

Thanks!

#2 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,201 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 July 2011 - 07:53 AM

PrimerBLAST. It's not exactly virtual PCR, but it shows you binding on nonspecific templates and a designs primers that are specific.

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

I never trust anything that can't be doubted.

'Normal' is a dryer setting. - Elizabeth Moon

#3 Annamolec

Annamolec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

Thanks a lot, but i've already tried, and I can only chek my primers against a txt file. I would like something that permits me to check against the whole database.

#4 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • 1,201 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:17 AM

No it doesn't. It checks against the selected database.

On the main page you paste the primer sequences and the original sequence you designed primers for or better an accession number of your sequence. (you can upload FASTA file too, but that doesn't mean it checks only against it).
In the Primer Pair Specificity Checking Parameters you need to select the right organism(s) and database (mRNA, genomic) to check for.
As an alternative, you can use BLASTn to check single primer specifity against selected database, but that won't tell you if it creates a PCR product or not.

Our country has a serious deficiency in lighthouses. I assume the main reason is that we have no sea.

#5 Annamolec

Annamolec

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
Neutral

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:05 PM

Hi,
Thanks a lot. There is only one more problem. It doesn't recognize degenerated primers. Is it true or is me again?

#6 Trof

Trof

Brain on a stick

• Global Moderators
  • 1,201 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 July 2011 - 09:17 AM

I'm afraid it doesn't.

#7 Su.J

Su.J

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 September 2011 - 04:53 AM

amplix software...it checks ur primer binding, runs a pcr n tells if ur getting ur band of interest!!!:)

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.