• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Testing Solubility in different pH's and salt concentrations for NMR.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jerseysurfer66

jerseysurfer66

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 July 2011 - 08:55 AM

Hi, I want to do some NMR on a protein sample and would like to test its solublity in different pH + salt concentrations without wasting a lot of sample. Does anyone know a protocol or paper?

Thanks.

#2 mdfenko

mdfenko

an elder

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,817 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 July 2011 - 07:28 AM

i asked our local nmr genius...

if you want to perform 13C nmr then you can use any aqueous buffer, just don't forget to subtract background.

1H nmr requires deuterated solvent.
talent does what it can
genius does what it must
i do what i get paid to do

#3 qzlabs

qzlabs

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 July 2011 - 02:54 PM

Hi, I want to do some NMR on a protein sample and would like to test its solublity in different pH + salt concentrations without wasting a lot of sample. Does anyone know a protocol or paper?

Thanks.

In 500ul of your sample, add one drop of acid of your buffer(or 10ul diluted HCL) and mesure pH, continue adding and measuring until seeing ppt. Do the same using a base of your buffer (or diluted NaOH) and a salt (NaCL). Record the amount of each reagents you added before seeing ppt. From the concentration of the salt stock solution, you should be able to calculate the final salt concentration in your sample.
For higher yield and more protein, check out the new bioreactors at https://qizhonglabs.com/main/.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.