• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

ligating a 6 His tag to plasmid

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 sou

sou

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 July 2011 - 06:28 AM

hi evryone

I want to insert a 6 His tag into EGAD CFP plasmid. The tag needs to be in front of the CFP. there is a AgeI site in front of the CFP.
my proposal: cut the plasmid with AgeI, fill in the overhangs, A-tail the ends, T-tail the 6 His tag and ligate. now my question.. can this be done????
if yes what problems will i face and is there a better, safer and easier way???
in between: my original EGAD plasmid is with GFP. i am planning to swap the GFP in the plasmid with CFP from a clonetech plasmid.
thanks in advance!

#2 omp

omp

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 12 July 2011 - 04:20 PM

hi evryone

I want to insert a 6 His tag into EGAD CFP plasmid. The tag needs to be in front of the CFP. there is a AgeI site in front of the CFP.
my proposal: cut the plasmid with AgeI, fill in the overhangs, A-tail the ends, T-tail the 6 His tag and ligate. now my question.. can this be done????
if yes what problems will i face and is there a better, safer and easier way???
in between: my original EGAD plasmid is with GFP. i am planning to swap the GFP in the plasmid with CFP from a clonetech plasmid.
thanks in advance!

Hi there.

Hopefully this isn't too late of a reply, but have you considered using a QuickChange-type approach, whereby the 18 extra nucleotides are introduced via a megaprimer?

#3 sou

sou

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 July 2011 - 03:47 AM

hi thx for the reply... and that is exactly what i did.. ordered the primers last week..
fingers crossed! :unsure:

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.