• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Antibody Affinity Purification

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Danio ivanio

Danio ivanio

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:22 AM

Hey there,

we ordered a antibody and recieved the anti-serum. Now I did the affinity purification with the peptide column. After washing the column with PBS pH 7,4 I eluted the antibody with pH 2,7 Glycine in Eppendorf cup containing 50µl of Tris pH 9. When I measured the fractions with Nanodrop, I prior blanked with Glycine+Tris...The values are really messed up and jumping high-low without any sense. Does anyone has an idea why? Should I use convenient Spectrophotometer with Lowry or Bradfort rather than Nanodrop? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks
Ivan

Edit: I ask myself...Should I do size exclusion column directly after affinty purification, somehow I see a small pellet in some fractions...perhaps tris and glycine are precipitating my antibody. Desalting and changing the buffer to PBS should do the trick maybe...then try nanodrop

Edited by Danio ivanio, 30 June 2011 - 07:34 AM.

#2 BioMiha

BioMiha

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 229 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 June 2011 - 09:13 AM

If there were a lot of antibodies in your antiserum, then precipitation is quite likely. That would also explain why the OD measurements were all over the place. I would definitely dialize the eluted fractions, however I wouldn't apply the pellet to a SEC column as it might stop the flow. Use a dialysis membrane instead. Some Abs have a pI close to 7 so they precipitate in PBS as well. In that case a buffer with a lower pH is better.

#3 Danio ivanio

Danio ivanio

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts
Neutral

Posted 30 June 2011 - 10:21 PM

Thank you for your advise. :)

Ivan

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.