• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

localization

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 lical208

lical208

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2011 - 06:53 PM

Hellow guys,

I am studying the localization of a protein. I transfected the Hela cells with a plasimd containing a RFP tag. The localization of my protein was showed in the attachement.
Do you guys have any ideas where my protein might locate? I have tried the marker for lysosome (Lamp-1), but it was suggested that my protein was not colocalized with Lamp-1. It would be nice that any of you can give me some suggestions about which marker I may use for the further detection. Thanks in advance.

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.jpg
  • 2.jpg
  • 3.jpg

Edited by lical208, 24 June 2011 - 03:16 AM.

#2 zienpiggie

zienpiggie

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 139 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 June 2011 - 10:18 PM

Assuming that your cells are fibroblast looking, it looks like it's located rather exclusively in the cytosolic fraction. This is just a guess though.

#3 Rsm

Rsm

Post Dog

• Active Members
  • 385 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:10 AM

Hellow guys,

I am studying the localization of a protein. I transfected the Hela cells with a plasimd containing a RFP tag. The localization of my protein was showed in tha attachement.
Do you guys have any ideas where my protein might locate? I have tried the marker for lysosome (Lamp-1), but it was suggested that my protein was not colocalized with Lamp-1. It would be nice that any of you can give me some suggestions that which marker I may use for the further detection. Thanks in advance.

I also would have thought lysosomes, but there seems to be too many spots inside the cells. Maybe mitochondria? Compare to click.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

#4 fysio lab

fysio lab

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 40 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:38 AM

Looks to mitochondria to me...stressed mitochondria curl up: so how did you treat your cells? fixed, non fixed? You can use Mitotracker, it's a good dye.
Good luck

#5 lical208

lical208

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:45 AM

Looks to mitochondria to me...stressed mitochondria curl up: so how did you treat your cells? fixed, non fixed? You can use Mitotracker, it's a good dye.
Good luck

Many thanks guys! I have fixed the cells. I also think about the mitochondria. But could early endosome be another option?

Edited by lical208, 24 June 2011 - 03:18 AM.

#6 lical208

lical208

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 June 2011 - 01:46 AM

Good luck

Many thanks guys! I have fixed the cells. I also think about the mitochondria. But could early endosome be another option?

#7 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • 6,666 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 June 2011 - 05:35 PM

Yeah, mitochondria is a good option. You might want to try endoplasmic reticulum too.

#8 rhombus

rhombus

Rhombus/Uncle Rhombus

• Active Members
  • 216 posts
Excellent

Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:38 AM

Hellow guys,

I am studying the localization of a protein. I transfected the Hela cells with a plasimd containing a RFP tag. The localization of my protein was showed in the attachement.
Do you guys have any ideas where my protein might locate? I have tried the marker for lysosome (Lamp-1), but it was suggested that my protein was not colocalized with Lamp-1. It would be nice that any of you can give me some suggestions about which marker I may use for the further detection. Thanks in advance.

You could try using Mitotracker a marker specifically for mitochondria.Using sequential Confocal scanning look for co-localisationof the selected fluorophore.

Kindest regards.

Uncle Rhombus.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.