• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

problem with poly A adding

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 tantao

tantao

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 37 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:09 AM

Dear everyone,
I use mMESSAGE mMACHINE (AM1344) to in vitro transcription two plasmids ( borh genes are cloned into pcDNA3.1(+) vector). After in vitro transcription (20ul reaction and the plasmid templates are both 1ug) , I use Poly(A) tailing kit to add poly A to the IVT products. Before the adding Poly(A), I take 0.5ul of IVT products(sample1 and sample2) as enzyme minus control, and after adding Poly(A) I take 1ul reaction products form 100ul products, then run non-denaturing-gel. I also quatiation the last products after recovery of RNA by phenol: chloroform ectraction. The results are as follow:
1. before adding the E-PAP Poly A enzyme, I use 0.5ul products from 96ul reaction buffer to run non-denaturing-gel. After adding he adding Poly(A), I use 1ul products to run non-denaturing-gel. However I can not see band in sample 1 before or after adding Poly(A). I can see band before or after
adding Poly(A). The marker is 100bp and the 500bp is 150ng.(figure1)

2. After recovery of RNA by phenol: chloroform ectraction, the RNA is ressolved in 20ul DEPC water I quatiation the last products by UV light absorbance. The concentartion of sample 1 is 5200ug/ml and sample 2 is 5300ug/ml. OD260/280=1.9. However I can see weak band in sample 1, and sample 2 is not like 5300ug/ml, after I take 1 ul to run non-denaturing-gel(figure2).
I do not know what is wrong?

Attached Thumbnails

• figure 1.JPG
  • figure2.JPG

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.