• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

bacterial Cell free culture supernatants

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 RajeevPasupuleti

RajeevPasupuleti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 June 2011 - 12:17 PM

Cna any one help me out in preparing bacterial cell free culture supernatants free of cells even after centrifuging at 12000 rpm for 30 mins. I am interested to know how to just eliminate cells from CFS for further antimicrobial assays with the CFS. It will be of great help if an alternative is suggested rather than increasing the rpm cos we don have one which goes more than 12k rpm.
Thank you

#2 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 14 June 2011 - 07:35 PM

Cna any one help me out in preparing bacterial cell free culture supernatants free of cells even after centrifuging at 12000 rpm for 30 mins. I am interested to know how to just eliminate cells from CFS for further antimicrobial assays with the CFS. It will be of great help if an alternative is suggested rather than increasing the rpm cos we don have one which goes more than 12k rpm.
Thank you

Use a syringe filter o.2pore size?
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#3 RajeevPasupuleti

RajeevPasupuleti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 June 2011 - 09:59 AM

Thank you

Using a 0.2 micron filter wont give me my desired protein in the filtrate and i am not able to get the retantant after doing this. Any other suggestions please. I am looking out for the proteins that are present in the CFS. Thank you

#4 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:38 PM

Thank you

Using a 0.2 micron filter wont give me my desired protein in the filtrate and i am not able to get the retantant after doing this. Any other suggestions please. I am looking out for the proteins that are present in the CFS. Thank you

Try vivaspin column.
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.