• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Osteogenic Induction of MSCs, keep peeling off

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Penguiny

Penguiny

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 09 June 2011 - 09:00 PM

Hi,

I seed my MSCs at 1100 cells/cm2 in 24 well plate formats and induce osteogenesis (medium formulation: 0.1nM Dexamethasone, 50nM Ascorbic Acid, 10mM Beta Glycerophosphate, high glucose DMEM, 10%FBS, 1% PenStrep) and change medium twice a week, for 3 and 4 weeks, but find that most times I try this, the cells begin to peel off 2 1/2 weeks into induction. By the time the 4week time point comes along, the cells are 90% gone, and I can't do nice alizarin red stainings at all. Anybody have any idea why this is happening to my cells?

Thanks!

Edited by Sylvia Peng, 09 June 2011 - 09:02 PM.

#2 Görke Gürel

Görke Gürel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:53 AM

Sorry, i have no answer for your question. But i have a similar problem with my freshly isolated passage 1 or 2 mesenchymal stem cells. I seed 50.000 cells/6-well-plate and 2 days after seeding i feed them with freshly prepared osteogenic differentiation medium (50uM Ascorbic acid, 100 nM dexamethasone, 10 mM b-glycerophosphate). After 1 day of incubation when i observe the cells, i see that most of them died and others have a disrupted morphology. This does not happen when i use a differentiation medium of 1-week-old or so. Do you think this can be because percentage of one of the ingredients is toxic to cells. Or can it be because i dissolve dexa in absolute ethanol and this is toxic to cells when freshly prepared (i then dilute in with DMEM and then add to differentiation medium of course). Any idea?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.