• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

ChIP- Different DNA size for Input DNA and ChIP DNA on Agilent Bioanalyzer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 rahulr1485

rahulr1485

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 June 2011 - 07:46 AM

I ran one of my input DNA and all my ChIPd DNA on Agilent Bioanalyzer today.And I am getting different DNA sizes for my input and ChIP DNA samples.Input shows a distribution around 100-300bp while ChIp samples is distributed around 900-6000bp. I processed them together ,decrosslinked overnight and cleaned up using Qiagen PCR clean up kit. I diluted the input 360 X to get 100pg/microlitre and the ChIPd DNA samples 10X to 300-500pg/microlitre before running on the Bioanalyzer. I am using Agilent High Sensitivity kit which expired on 3rd May 2011. The ladder ran correctly. So I am not sure if this inconsistency is due to the kit.
What could be the reason for this difference?

Posted Image
ChIP DNA Sample

Posted Image
Input DNA

Edited by rahulr1485, 01 June 2011 - 08:55 AM.

#2 pcrman

pcrman

Epigenetist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent

Posted 01 June 2011 - 09:08 PM

This is weird. It seems that something in the ChIP DNA sample such as protein is affecting DNA migration.

#3 rahulr1485

rahulr1485

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 03 June 2011 - 03:50 AM

This is weird. It seems that something in the ChIP DNA sample such as protein is affecting DNA migration.

Thank you for the reply. I treated it with Proteinase K and cleaned up with Qiagen Kit. But it still looks the same.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.