• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

What household things contain zinc?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yummianns

yummianns

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 23 May 2011 - 02:05 AM

Im doing an experiment and I need to see whether acids or bases corode metals more easily. I tried the experiment with rusty iron nails but didnt get any results!! Ive heard that zinc is reactive but what things in the house contain zinc??

#2 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,540 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 May 2011 - 06:54 AM

some ointments (but it's an oxide), brass (an alloy of zinc and copper), metal toys (e.g. die-cast toys or cars such as from Matchbox), many metal surfaces are galvanized with a zinc coat (against corrosion).

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

#3 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 May 2011 - 05:41 PM

zinc roof.... for absolute.... ^_^
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#4 John_Dion

John_Dion

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 May 2011 - 08:43 PM

Most cover of battery, pure zinc.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.