• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

GST fusion protein problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 saad

saad

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 49 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 May 2011 - 10:44 PM

Hi All
I have differnt truncations from the same protein with similar size between 32-35.5 kDa. I expressed them as GST fusion peotein using pGEX6p vector.
It seems to me that the fragments are not stable I could see all the soluble fractions on SDS gel about 30/31 kDa (Mark12 marker). After binding to beads and wash @4 degree on gel they seemed as three bands between ~ 20-28 kDa and two of them ran at about 36 kDa. I tried to cleave the fusion from GST then i saw to bands about 20 and 26 kDa but I can't see any bands corresponding to the size of my constructs and the two constructs that ran at ~36 kDa I saw to band matched my proteins and confirmed with MS. With Western blotting using anti-GST Ab, the tow bands are both GST even though they are differnt in size. I did pulld own with all constructs they seemed work because the results were consistent with the previous results. the question now is that what all those bands could be.

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited by saad, 18 May 2011 - 10:48 PM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.