• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Animal Vs. Unarmed Human Being

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,531 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2011 - 12:30 PM

and check this site:

wikipedia seems to be a unlimited resource ;)

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

#17 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 20 May 2011 - 01:24 PM

and check this site:

wikipedia seems to be a unlimited resource ;)

which could be easily double-checked anyhow.....and we shouldn't forget the unreported stats bec in the case of the polar bears, if the attacks occur in far-off aboriginal communities, we will probably not hear a lot about them ...
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#18 Lapsang

Lapsang

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 May 2011 - 05:46 AM

I am not a scientist. I am a writer. I hope this forum can help me identify some animals that would "win" in a "fight" with an unarmed male human being of average height and weight a certain percentage of the time. As follows:

Please list animals that would "win" approximately 1 out of 10 times they "fought" an unarmed human being.

More detail: The male human being is physically and mentally "average," not "super-strong" or "super-smart," but also not "super-weak" or "super-dumb." He can use elements in the environment to "win." However, imagine the fight takes place in nature, say, a desert environment where any elements in the environment are not going to give the human a huge advantage. The human might find sticks and rocks, but not much more.

While this is possibly the least scientific question posted here, it is serious and would be a big help for me on my current project.

Thanks!

It's not as easy as you're all making out, as nobody seems to have noticed the 1/10 success rate the animal needs. All of the animals listed would probably win 10/10 times.

Tut tut, shame on you scientists.

Edited by Lapsang, 27 May 2011 - 05:49 AM.

#19 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:04 AM

I am not a scientist. I am a writer. I hope this forum can help me identify some animals that would "win" in a "fight" with an unarmed male human being of average height and weight a certain percentage of the time. As follows:

Please list animals that would "win" approximately 1 out of 10 times they "fought" an unarmed human being.

More detail: The male human being is physically and mentally "average," not "super-strong" or "super-smart," but also not "super-weak" or "super-dumb." He can use elements in the environment to "win." However, imagine the fight takes place in nature, say, a desert environment where any elements in the environment are not going to give the human a huge advantage. The human might find sticks and rocks, but not much more.

While this is possibly the least scientific question posted here, it is serious and would be a big help for me on my current project.

Thanks!

It's not as easy as you're all making out, as nobody seems to have noticed the 1/10 success rate the animal needs. All of the animals listed would probably win 10/10 times.

ppfftt...that's just a matter of semantics- the OP just phrased it wrongly...besides, who can calculate this 10% success rate unless you put the animal and the human in a boxing ring and let them fight it out for a specific number of rounds? And what would be your educated guess, Lapsang? :)
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#20 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • 5,531 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 May 2011 - 06:29 AM

Thanks!

ppfftt...that's just a matter of semantics- the OP just phrased it wrongly...besides, who can calculate this 10% success rate unless you put the animal and the human in a boxing ring and let them fight it out for a specific number of rounds? And what would be your educated guess, Lapsang? :)

and Mr Lapsang should read my first reply post on the page before...anyway, during a long discussion topics change sometimes...and only nitpickers complain about that.

One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

That is....if she posts at all.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.