• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Improved Stem Cell Proliferation

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Penguiny

Penguiny

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 May 2011 - 11:47 PM

Hi, I have made a side observation that if I culture my mesenchymal stem cells in a certain way, I can get them to proliferate faster. I'm just wondering if I should pursue this observation further, if this direction will be useful to the scientific community. I foresee a potential application in all cultures of adult stem cells, with limited proliferation characteristics, such as neural stem cells. What do you think?

#2 Rsm

Rsm

Post Dog

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 May 2011 - 01:10 AM

Hi, I have made a side observation that if I culture my mesenchymal stem cells in a certain way, I can get them to proliferate faster. I'm just wondering if I should pursue this observation further, if this direction will be useful to the scientific community. I foresee a potential application in all cultures of adult stem cells, with limited proliferation characteristics, such as neural stem cells. What do you think?

Sure, why not? Keep in mind though that mesenchymal stem cells are maybe not comparable to adult SC. But if you find a way to culture undifferentiated adult SC, for example neurons or hematopoietic SC, you'll be a billionaire and get the nobel price. Honestly.
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

#3 Penguiny

Penguiny

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:43 PM

Sure, why not? Keep in mind though that mesenchymal stem cells are maybe not comparable to adult SC. But if you find a way to culture undifferentiated adult SC, for example neurons or hematopoietic SC, you'll be a billionaire and get the nobel price. Honestly.

Thanks, Rsm, it's nice to hear such encouraging words, it made my day! Ok, I'll keep in mind your advice.

#4 Penguiny

Penguiny

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 05 May 2011 - 10:54 PM

In your opinion, would anyone be interested in using it for enhancing their MSC proliferation?

#5 Rsm

Rsm

Post Dog

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 384 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 May 2011 - 05:22 AM

Of course. You have to make it available, obviuosly. So you either file a patent and sell it to a company, or write a paper about it. Best way to do is patent - paper - company. It will take some time, though. Maybe 2 years?
I got soul, but I'm not a soldier

#6 Penguiny

Penguiny

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 10 posts
Neutral

Posted 13 May 2011 - 01:31 AM

Hihi!

I've set up a survey to collect responses, to see if anyone will be interested if I develop my idea into a product!

It's only 10 questions and will take only a few minutes of your time (promise!). Any feedback will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

Click http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/3L9TQ5S

Edited by Sylvia Peng, 13 May 2011 - 01:33 AM.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.