• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Opinions wanted - What is needed to design enzymes capable of the rate enhanceme

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jerseysurfer66

jerseysurfer66

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2011 - 10:36 AM

Wanted discussions on how enzymes reach 10^16+ rate increases and what can be done to design enzymes with similar rate increases.

I'll start the discussion by saying that I don't believe transition state stabilization results in the bulk of the rate increase in enzyme catalysis.

#2 Kaioshin

Kaioshin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2011 - 06:54 PM

Wanted discussions on how enzymes reach 10^16+ rate increases and what can be done to design enzymes with similar rate increases.

I'll start the discussion by saying that I don't believe transition state stabilization results in the bulk of the rate increase in enzyme catalysis.

How can we design our own enzymes?
For starters, we need to gather ~1 trillion more years in man hours worth of research...

#3 jerseysurfer66

jerseysurfer66

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 April 2011 - 07:23 PM

Agree on that we need much more research but highly doubtful a trillion years is necessary. This is a next 10 year development.

#4 Kaioshin

Kaioshin

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:30 AM

Agree on that we need much more research but highly doubtful a trillion years is necessary. This is a next 10 year development.

You should probably look up the definition of "man hours"

#5 jerseysurfer66

jerseysurfer66

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 19 posts
Neutral

Posted 26 April 2011 - 05:54 AM

U should try and understand the number "a trillion" .

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.