• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo

Tag people

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Poll: Tagging members (9 member(s) have cast votes)

Should we allow tagging members in our post

1. Aye (2 votes [22.22%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.22%

2. Nay (3 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

3. Do anything, why did I bother reading this... (4 votes [44.44%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.44%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#31 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 April 2011 - 12:37 PM

still haven't read all posts but of course I'm in favour of Mlle C to be a moderator...depends on the section of course... :lol:

and the tagging I find quite useless, with similar reasons as the others mentioned before: new members don't know who is experienced in the field, the other members would ask directly, if it's really necessary, i.e. if they expected a reply by an expert of this field or a special member and it's not coming. And for some members who know really a lot in many fields, it will become a nuisance because they'll get tons of notifications finally...
Mostly the people who would like to help and can help, easily find the threads where they're needed, except they're busy with other stuff or on holidays and not online anyway. Here of course the old search function that found unanswered threads, was really helpful. But this function is gone and unfortunately not possible to implement anymore.

perhaps we shld already drop the "casandra for moderator" bid before it falls more on deaf ears...:D..

Like I said before, if there is no "tag" function set up in the first place, then all this discussion is purely academic but bioforum shld confirm this then. And what if there is? Then maybe it can be an option for those who really want to tag a certain member/s (provided of course that this privilege would not be abused) and then it shld also be possible to have the option of "not to be tagged" as well...iow, we allow the members to decide for themselves: to tag or not to tag.....to be tagged or not to be tagged...

Remember when we first had this new skin, some of us didn't like it but it grew on us bit by bit...:P...and the same goes for the +/- rating.....in the end it worked out pretty well...
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#32 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • 707 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2011 - 12:22 AM

I do not endorse and not support tagging... but I'm quite sure that if tagging is possible, I already got 4 notifications just on this subforum. :P

See, if tagging were possible you could have joined in much earlier.

It is an urgent requirement in the suggestions section. I dont think, my "Genetics sub forum needs help " has any reply :(

If tagging is possible, I will probably be notified about this post earlier, but not really joining it in early stage because I always like to her what you guys have to say before I share my thought.

Your genetics sub forum? The linkage analysis question? I never study advanced genetics... I can't help either... maybe there is nobody doing such study and that explains the reason of no reply... cheer up man.
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#33 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,193 posts
Excellent

Posted 24 April 2011 - 01:02 PM

. Here of course the old search function that found unanswered threads, was really helpful. But this function is gone and unfortunately not possible to implement anymore.

Indeed, too bad that unanswered thread function is gone.
And why is it impossible to implement it ?
If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some then not ask and stay stupid.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.