• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

human monocyte and macrophage markers

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 youchansong

youchansong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 14 April 2011 - 11:10 PM

Hi,

I'm trying to differentiate human monocytes(Cd14+ cells isolated from human PBMC using Ficoll and MACS beads) into different kind of macrophages in different conditions.

Is there a surface marker that could distinguish between monocytes and macrophages?

Looking at the morphology it seems kind of different between certain groups of macrophages and I need to make sure they are actually macrophages.

I'm worried whether the cells haven't differentiated at all and are still monocytes.

I've been searching but all of the markers that macrophages express are also expressed by monocytes.

Thanks for your help

#2 Clare

Clare

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
Neutral

Posted 15 April 2011 - 02:03 AM

Hi :)

I was asking the same questions a few weeks ago! I found one paper that said human monocytes are CD93+ (Pilling 2009) but I haven't done any further reading etc becaise I've been too busy.

Hope this helps in some way though.

Clare

Hi,

I'm trying to differentiate human monocytes(Cd14+ cells isolated from human PBMC using Ficoll and MACS beads) into different kind of macrophages in different conditions.

Is there a surface marker that could distinguish between monocytes and macrophages?

Looking at the morphology it seems kind of different between certain groups of macrophages and I need to make sure they are actually macrophages.

I'm worried whether the cells haven't differentiated at all and are still monocytes.

I've been searching but all of the markers that macrophages express are also expressed by monocytes.

Thanks for your help

#3 youchansong

youchansong

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 April 2011 - 05:34 PM

Thank you for your help.

But I found that paper too while I was searching.

According to the paper CD33, CD64, CD93 may be a useful marker.

It would have been better if this paper had FACS data with these markers.

(I'm trying to find papers about these markers with FACS data)

Let me know if you found out anything else.

Thanks!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.