• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

how to make protein soluble?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 rpjkmust916

rpjkmust916

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2011 - 09:56 PM

Hi Forumers :D

Here I come again, with another problem....please forgive me :(

I have this problem in expressing the protein in soluble form. I've played with the IPTG concentration, the temperature during induction and also I've tried using lower temperature which is 22oC when I start incubate it until reach OD600=0.6. Is there any way to solve this? Please..any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated :D

Attached Thumbnails

• solubility test 260311-lxrb (22C)edit.JPG

#2 protolder

protolder

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Neutral

Posted 06 April 2011 - 11:07 PM

I have this problem in expressing the protein in soluble form. I've played with the IPTG concentration, the temperature during induction and also I've tried using lower temperature which is 22oC when I start incubate it until reach OD600=0.6. Is there any way to solve this? Please..any suggestions and recommendations are appreciated :D

Hola, I suposse that these images are at +-28ēC in LB with 0.2mM IPTG and 3 hours of induction. I think that your protein is tagged ,isn´t it?.What strain do you use? Have any expression before induce? your protein is about 30-40KD. I would use any Origami or Rosetta gami strain for expression, and I would chech any of the internet tools to predice solubility introducing aminoacid sequence if the probability of insoluble form ia quite high, bad thing my friend. Buena suerte

#3 rpjkmust916

rpjkmust916

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 April 2011 - 12:01 AM

Hola, I suposse that these images are at +-28ºC in LB with 0.2mM IPTG and 3 hours of induction. I think that your protein is tagged ,isn´t it?.What strain do you use? Have any expression before induce? your protein is about 30-40KD. I would use any Origami or Rosetta gami strain for expression, and I would chech any of the internet tools to predice solubility introducing aminoacid sequence if the probability of insoluble form ia quite high, bad thing my friend. Buena suerte

Gracias Protolder :D

You're almost right!!! I wrote I've incubated it at 22oC, forgive me to give wrong information. Actually, I've incubate it at 27oC, with 0.1mM IPTG for 4 hrs. It is a tagged protein with Rosetta strain. Could you explain about the internet tools to predict the solubility. How I can use it?

Muchas gracias :D

Edited by rpjkmust916, 07 April 2011 - 12:01 AM.

#4 protolder

protolder

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 April 2011 - 03:03 AM

Hola, Now i have changed protein expression and purification for animal pharmacology. These are the tools that I used:
http://mips.helmholt...oso/proso.seam.
biotech.ou.edu, from Oklahoma unv.
refold.med.monash.edu.au
!que tengas un buen día ! (the first is .de/proso/proso.seam.)

Edited by protolder, 07 April 2011 - 03:06 AM.

#5 rpjkmust916

rpjkmust916

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 25 posts
Neutral

Posted 07 April 2011 - 11:06 PM

Muchas Gracias Protolder :D

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.