• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Viral cDNA Library

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Optimistic

Optimistic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 02 April 2011 - 07:36 PM

Hi Folks,

I am a little bit confuse about viral cDNA Library that i have been given, the amount is 30ul.
My Question is that possible to do both Miniprep and Midiprep for this library that has around 7,000 different DNA in it, as i informed.

Could someone PLEASE guide me for useful books, websites, whatever is because as far as i concern that miniprep or midiprep can be only used for one plasmid in terms of making my own stock.

Looking for someone's reply.
Thanks in advance

#2 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,728 posts
Excellent

Posted 03 April 2011 - 03:37 PM

The cDNA library is probably not cloned into vectors - it will just be the cDNA. If you want to clone this, you will have to ask how the cDNA was prepared and where to go from there. Having a look at "Molecular Cloning: a laboratory manual" by Sambrook et al. is a good starting place.

#3 Optimistic

Optimistic

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 04 April 2011 - 04:57 AM

The cDNA library is probably not cloned into vectors - it will just be the cDNA. If you want to clone this, you will have to ask how the cDNA was prepared and where to go from there. Having a look at "Molecular Cloning: a laboratory manual" by Sambrook et al. is a good starting place.

But do you think is that possible to make STOCK for this sample by doing mini OR midi prep?

Thank you bob1

#4 bob1

bob1

Thelymitra pulchella

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,728 posts
Excellent

Posted 04 April 2011 - 03:43 PM

No - midi and mini preps are for plasmid based DNA, you do not have this!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.