• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Motivation and where to get it from.

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Maddie

Maddie

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Neutral

Posted 31 March 2011 - 06:16 AM

I love gt-ameya's comic. It is so true. Especially this part "realize you just gave a 10mn talk on 6 years of work".
Nobody really cares about PhD thesis (very few will actually read it). The articles are what matters, so, you can relax :P .
As for a break, even if you don't have time for a 2 weeks vacations on a tropical island, you could take 2 days (+ the weekend make it 4 !!) and go to a nice (and not too far) place that will completly re-oxygenate your brain ;).
Theory is when we know everything and nothing is working. Practice is when everything is working and nobody knows why. Here, we combine theory and practice. Nothing is working and nobody knows why.

A. Einstein

#17 anon

anon

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 August 2011 - 06:28 AM

Hi guys,

I just wanted to say thanks again for your help. There was a bit more drama - but I finally submitted the stupid thesis and things are going somewhere again. I still don't see any point in what I'm doing, but at least the leash is off my neck and I can do something else, if I want to. Such an improvement!

#18 Ameya P

Ameya P

Rervm Cognoscere Cavsas

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
Excellent

Posted 12 September 2011 - 09:32 PM

Hey Anon,

Good to know you are much better now. When will you become Dr. Anon then?

And thanks for posting as well... It gives Casey a huge boost. When people dont post again, Casey is not so sure if her advice helped or drew someone to commit suicide :P

NEW!!!!  5 Reasons why Rosetta is a SUPERSTAR on CoffeeTableScience!!!!

Image copyright: Adrian Koh SF.
Replication of this art is strictly prohibited without express permission of the artist

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.