• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

complementing a double knockout in E. coli

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 nathankho

nathankho

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:38 AM

I have managed to create a double knockout in E. coli using the lambda red system. Now I want to complement both genes in trans using the pBAD-TOPO TA expression system from Invitrogen (I've complemented single knockouts in the past with this vector).

Unfortunately I'm not very familiar with the details needed to express two genes under the single arabinose promoter in pBAD. Can anyone recommend resources for designing this?

I'm assuming I will need a linker sequence between the stop codon of the first gene, and the start codon of my second gene, but I have no idea. Any help would be appreciated.

Much thanks!

#2 pDNA

pDNA

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts
Good

Posted 25 March 2011 - 11:05 PM

i assume you are familiar with the architecture of the E. coli genome since you did a double knock-out?

you can look-up easily how operons in E. coli work (e.g. the lac operon). Normally, there is not much of a spacing region between two genes ...just a few base pairs and a RBS binding site in front of the second ATG.

Regards,
p

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.