• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

difference between mouse and sheep antibody

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lucky2610

lucky2610

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 March 2011 - 10:06 AM

Hi,

Do you think, that there is a difference between using mouse and sheep antibodies for the detection of staphylococcal extracelullar protein (enterotoxin G) - in cultivating media? Concretely, I have protocol which is optimized for sheep antibody...will it also work with mouse antibody?

Thank you for any advice or suggestion!

#2 protolder

protolder

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 293 posts
Neutral

Posted 27 March 2011 - 09:54 PM

Hi,

Do you think, that there is a difference between using mouse and sheep antibodies for the detection of staphylococcal extracelullar protein (enterotoxin G) - in cultivating media? Concretely, I have protocol which is optimized for sheep antibody...will it also work with mouse antibody?

Hola, I think that if you use the recommended dilution for ELISA for the mouse ab you will have the same results.This is for detection as you ask, but if the ab was used for coating you have to use the same protein concentration that for sheep. I hope that you will have more clair answers afterwards. Buena suerte

#3 lucky2610

lucky2610

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:59 PM

Hi,

Hola, I think that if you use the recommended dilution for ELISA for the mouse ab you will have the same results.This is for detection as you ask, but if the ab was used for coating you have to use the same protein concentration that for sheep. I hope that you will have more clair answers afterwards. Buena suerte

Hi,

thank you for your opinion! I hope that it will work;o) I only was affraid that something from staphylococcal growth medium could unspecifically bind to mouse antibody (protein A or G...but they are probably intracellular protein, aren't they?) and produce false positive signals...

#4 PAO_ahac

PAO_ahac

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 94 posts
Neutral

Posted 29 March 2011 - 08:09 AM

I think you asked a question earlier about doing an elisa method for measuring this analyte. You indicated you had a method that uses sheep antibody and you want to know if you can use mouse. There is no guarantee that just swapping antibodies is going to give you a working assay not to mention the same performance. You can substitute one for the other and try same concentrations conditions etc...

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.