• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Should I send previous reviewers' comments to the new Journal?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 newborn

newborn

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 24 March 2011 - 09:12 PM

My paper was rejected by a Journal with IF around 6 after the second round. I revised the paper according to 2 reviewers, but not shorting the paper enough as one wanted. But the problem is the Editor invited a third reviewer and he rejected my non-traditional method.

Therefore, I completelly changed the method in the new version and submitted to another journal with IF at 5. The new Journal asked if I want to send them previous reviewers' comments and my response to those comments.

I have just submitted over 10 papers and have no experience like this. Could you please give some advice?

Thanks

#2 yobou

yobou

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 89 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 May 2011 - 06:09 PM

I guess its better not to do so. Let your paper be judged in the new journal independently of opinions of previous reviewrs of the other journal, especially there is a difference in the impact factor between both journals

#3 newborn

newborn

Enthusiast

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 71 posts
Neutral

Posted 01 May 2011 - 10:10 PM

I guess its better not to do so. Let your paper be judged in the new journal independently of opinions of previous reviewrs of the other journal, especially there is a difference in the impact factor between both journals

I just want to tell the result of rejection. I submitted the paper as you suggest but 2 reviewers rejected. In contrast, 2/3 of reviewers almost accepted the paper, thus I am not sure what I will do if I am in this situation again.

#4 Giri Basant

Giri Basant

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 10 August 2011 - 09:33 AM

It is not wise to mention previous reviewers comment specially when you are submitting to a new journal. If the comments are good, you can incorporate to your manuscript but don't have to mention to the new journal. I had an experience of acceptance from all three reviewers but the editor didn't accept it.

#5 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,529 posts
Excellent

Posted 10 August 2011 - 11:02 AM

I wonder why you anyway mentioned that the manuscript was rejected....what's the sense of this? IMO it only reduces chances and weakens your position. Especially if you already changed you methods.
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.