• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Help a couple of snowboard bums ;)

• Please log in to reply
134 replies to this topic

#31 casandra

casandra

carpe diem by the jugulum

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:04 PM

Oh and for a general update, currently my pic ranks at 29th out of 800, so still respectable and I still have over a month to keep gaining likes. Just need some celeb to tweet it out or something, lol....

can one vote many times over or only once? yup, you need a celeb....how about Lady Gaga? You can sing her new song- or tweak it a little bit (with some video footages of your accidental falls in the nude or in some costume)- Born A Boarder.....or some such...:P.. and then post it in utube...and once she gets wind of it then she'd tweet you till kingdom come and then you can promote your own photo....and the rest could be history.....:lol:...

:lol: haha, I like the way you think!! A bit too bold for me but would you rather have a $10000 heli-ski trip or dignity?? ;) guess i'll just have to 'go pro' some nudie snowboard footy!

(oh and you can only vote once or i would've already had my roomie write a program to non-stop click the like button, lol)

dignity? ppfftt...it's overrated ..and we want to see this nudie snowboard footy....be bold dude....:lol:...and where's this ski trip btw?

I guess one IP address one vote.... otherwise, you can have several accounts right? That sucks...
"Oh what a beauteousness!"
- hobglobin, personal comment about my beauteous photo......

#32 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,337 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:12 PM

Oh and for a general update, currently my pic ranks at 29th out of 800, so still respectable and I still have over a month to keep gaining likes. Just need some celeb to tweet it out or something, lol....

can one vote many times over or only once? yup, you need a celeb....how about Lady Gaga? You can sing her new song- or tweak it a little bit (with some video footages of your accidental falls in the nude or in some costume)- Born A Boarder.....or some such...:P.. and then post it in utube...and once she gets wind of it then she'd tweet you till kingdom come and then you can promote your own photo....and the rest could be history.....:lol:...

:lol: haha, I like the way you think!! A bit too bold for me but would you rather have a $10000 heli-ski trip or dignity?? ;) guess i'll just have to 'go pro' some nudie snowboard footy!

(oh and you can only vote once or i would've already had my roomie write a program to non-stop click the like button, lol)

dignity? ppfftt...it's overrated ..and we want to see this nudie snowboard footy....be bold dude....:lol:...and where's this ski trip btw?

I guess one IP address one vote.... otherwise, you can have several accounts right? That sucks...

Ever heard of proxy servers?

He can make as many facebook accounts as he wants..

Thas how many of these contests are won...

They make tons of facebook accounts and have their own servers/proxy...

its consumes time.. but it works.

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#33 Zach T

Zach T

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:23 PM

Ever heard of proxy servers?

He can make as many facebook accounts as he wants..

Thas how many of these contests are won...

They make tons of facebook accounts and have their own servers/proxy...

its consumes time.. but it works.

Haha, yeah that's true! Not sure if I really want to go down that route tho. Overall this is something just for fun. But that would explain why one of the worst pics up there has like 900 likes, just dumb to cheat like that...but i guess its worth it to some ppl.

#34 Zach T

Zach T

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:24 PM

oh and the ski trip is in alaska (chugach)

#35 Zach T

Zach T

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 25 March 2011 - 01:25 PM

but anyways i'm out for the day! appreciate all the feedback! :P

enjoy your weekends!

#36 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 25 March 2011 - 07:15 PM

but anyways i'm out for the day! appreciate all the feedback! :P

enjoy your weekends!

That wasn't only feedback from us, it was also a kind of initiation rite for newbies....but just the first level....wait for the next more excruciating one...:P

Alaska, eh? Then you shld really try to win it....:)

#37 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 27 March 2011 - 07:38 PM

Here's another image for you to enjoy...sorry he's not nude ;)

http://www.flickr.co...tar/5541115294/

I guess i don't have enough posts yet to attach pics....lame

This one is really a nice photo, Zach T (perfect contrast- snow, clouds and the 'not bioforum' board)..so where are your powder slash shots? :)

#38 Zach T

Zach T

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 March 2011 - 06:48 AM

This one is really a nice photo, Zach T (perfect contrast- snow, clouds and the 'not bioforum' board)..so where are your powder slash shots? :)

I don't take my nice Nikon up much just because its kind of a hassle and we don't get the best days (sun, lighting, etc) for shooting up here in the northwest. So I usually just bring my go pro up and get some random footy but no pow slash shots sadly. Hopefully will get some fun shots this weekend tho cuz its gaper (retro) day up at Steven's and we have some pretty gnarly neon gear ready to rock. :D

#39 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 March 2011 - 07:39 AM

I don't take my nice Nikon up much just because its kind of a hassle and we don't get the best days (sun, lighting, etc) for shooting up here in the northwest. So I usually just bring my go pro up and get some random footy but no pow slash shots sadly. Hopefully will get some fun shots this weekend tho cuz its gaper (retro) day up at Steven's and we have some pretty gnarly neon gear ready to rock. :D

:) so howz about posting some gnarly snowgording? some jibbing and nosepressing this weekend? So Zach T...how many concussions have you had? and broken bones? :lol:...

Edited by casandra, 28 March 2011 - 07:49 AM.

#40 Zach T

Zach T

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

I'll be sure to post our sweet shreddin session this weekend, complete with neon jackets and tight jean shorts, hahaha, and maybe a couple butterific jibs. Might be going more for some old skool grabs like this shot!

Posted Image

I think my bones are probably made of rubber, no broken bones in 16 years of riding. :D Concussions, I'm not sure, don't think any either. We've hit our heads pretty hard but we wear helmets (do too much stupid stuff not too :lol: )

#41 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:03 AM

I'll be sure to post our sweet shreddin session this weekend, complete with neon jackets and tight jean shorts, hahaha, and maybe a couple butterific jibs. Might be going more for some old skool grabs like this shot!

Posted Image

I think my bones are probably made of rubber, no broken bones in 16 years of riding. :D Concussions, I'm not sure, don't think any either. We've hit our heads pretty hard but we wear helmets (do too much stupid stuff not too :lol: )

but the dude aint wearing no helmet...:P...and tight jean shorts? like the bikers? It was so funny during the last Vancouver Olympics when the Canadian snowboarding team got ribbed a lot for the too-tight but very stylish uniform pants they were sporting....and their justification- so they'd look as cool as the high end skiiers not like the yankee snowboard bums.......:lol:....and be careful with those butterific jibs...

#42 Zach T

Zach T

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 March 2011 - 11:45 AM

Haha, yeah its funny the different styles of snowboarding now. Most of the riders are going to bright colored clothing again, but better looking that the 90s stuff, some of the riders are going to the 'classier' look with snowboard pants that look like jeans and then other riders (mainly park skiers) are in completely thugged out gear with jackets past their knees and suspender straps hanging everywhere :lol:

Sadly my buddy just sent me this story:
http://www.seattlepi...html?source=rss

Which the area where this kid died is right next to where we hike. He died on Cowboy mountain while we usually hike roostercomb peak next to it. Terrible story, but also a reality check...

#43 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:09 PM

Haha, yeah its funny the different styles of snowboarding now. Most of the riders are going to bright colored clothing again, but better looking that the 90s stuff, some of the riders are going to the 'classier' look with snowboard pants that look like jeans and then other riders (mainly park skiers) are in completely thugged out gear with jackets past their knees and suspender straps hanging everywhere :lol:

Which the area where this kid died is right next to where we hike. He died on Cowboy mountain while we usually hike roostercomb peak next to it. Terrible story, but also a reality check...

thugged out gear....:lol:...and suspenders are kinda dangerous esp on terrain parks...but what do I know?? :P

the kid was only 20 years old... really sad eh.....

#44 Zach T

Zach T

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:13 PM

thugged out gear....:lol:...and suspenders are kinda dangerous esp on terrain parks...but what do I know?? :P

Do you ride/ski at all? Sounds like you at least know whats going on ;)

#45 casandra

casandra

• Global Moderators
  • 5,035 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:19 PM

Do you ride/ski at all? Sounds like you at least know whats going on ;)

yup...or have been trying it for many years now....but still suck at it...:P....the past winter, I watched one snowboard cross friendly comp and I thought that most of those guys are suicidal...you can do the half-pipe?

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.