• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

PCR Mastermix

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 pooja_iyer

pooja_iyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:22 AM

I have made up a PCR mastermix without Taq (it has primers, dNTP's , water and buffer). Can I store it at -20 deg. C for a long period of time- about a month or so?

Thanks,
Pooja.

#2 Adrian K

Adrian K

Legendary Graduate Beggar

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts
Excellent

Posted 22 March 2011 - 11:44 AM

For my own practice, I do made master mix and store in -20 almost like you, but without the primers and taq. I had store it more than 3 months, still working. ;)
Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are a good person is like expecting the lion not to attack you because you are a vegetarian.

..."best of our knowledge, as far as we know this had never been reported before, though I can't possible read all the published journals on earth, but by perform thorough search in google, the keywords did not match any documents"...

"what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger"---Goddess Casandra reminds me to be strong

"It's all just DNA. Do it."---phage434

#3 pooja_iyer

pooja_iyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 March 2011 - 10:08 AM

For my own practice, I do made master mix and store in -20 almost like you, but without the primers and taq. I had store it more than 3 months, still working. ;)

Thanks ! My concern is that I have already added the primers! So not sure if they will form dimers and then not give a good result.

#4 phage434

phage434

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,434 posts
Excellent

Posted 28 March 2011 - 12:52 PM

Should be fine. You denature things as a first step, so any annealing will be gone very rapidly.

#5 pooja_iyer

pooja_iyer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Neutral

Posted 28 March 2011 - 01:03 PM

Should be fine. You denature things as a first step, so any annealing will be gone very rapidly.

Thanks Phage 434... your explanation makes good sense. Have just set up the PCR. Will definitely post the results ... keeping my fingers crossed as of now!

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.