• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Diagnostic Studies

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 InduS

InduS

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:43 AM

I'm proposing to study polymorphisms in breast cancer antigens. Do any of you think I can do this study by blood samples.... where I can check out the polymorphisms in that particular antigen coding gene eg- BRCA gene.... can this be used for diagnostic purpose?

Or do you people think I need to be tissue specific for the identification of polymorphism?

#2 BioMiha

BioMiha

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 236 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 March 2011 - 08:53 AM

Polymorphisms are DNA encoded, so any cell source will do.

#3 flysui

flysui

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Neutral

Posted 19 June 2011 - 11:39 PM

I'm proposing to study polymorphisms in breast cancer antigens. Do any of you think I can do this study by blood samples.... where I can check out the polymorphisms in that particular antigen coding gene eg- BRCA gene.... can this be used for diagnostic purpose?

Or do you people think I need to be tissue specific for the identification of polymorphism?

The differences(such as gene expression, DNA methylation, etc.) found in a non-target tissue, can be used as biomarkers in a disease. I think you can discover SNPs in peripheral blood as biomarkers of breast cancer. for instance: 2011, Marsit CJ _DNA methylation array analysis identifies profiles of blood-derived DNA methylation associated with bladder cancer.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.