• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Methylation study-the most opted study

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 InduS

InduS

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 March 2011 - 08:37 AM

Hi guys,
I'm new to this forum
I'm very much new to this field of methylation studies. Can anyone tell me which is best method to study the demethylation; methylation specific PCR or Real time PCR? Can you please justify this?
By the way excellent forum

#2 pcrman

pcrman

Epigenetist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent

Posted 18 March 2011 - 11:04 PM

If you are not going to do high throughput mapping, the commonly used candidate gene methylation study methods are bisulfite modification based PCR methods which involve first treating DNA with busulfite to convert unmehtylated Cs to Us, then PCR amplification of the converted DNA. There are two PCR methods: MSP and BSP. If you choose MSP, you can use qPCR or regular PCR. In BSP, you amplify the template to get enough DNA for direct sequencing or sequencing after cloning.

#3 InduS

InduS

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 March 2011 - 10:29 PM

If you are not going to do high throughput mapping, the commonly used candidate gene methylation study methods are bisulfite modification based PCR methods which involve first treating DNA with busulfite to convert unmehtylated Cs to Us, then PCR amplification of the converted DNA. There are two PCR methods: MSP and BSP. If you choose MSP, you can use qPCR or regular PCR. In BSP, you amplify the template to get enough DNA for direct sequencing or sequencing after cloning.

Please tell me what this high throughput mapping is? I've googled it. But not satisfied with the answer.

#4 pcrman

pcrman

Epigenetist

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,165 posts
Excellent

Posted 23 March 2011 - 09:20 PM

High throughput mapping means to assess DNA methylation on a genome wide scale or thousands of CpG islands.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.