• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Do low binding 0.2ml PCR tubes exist?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Maddie

Maddie

Veteran

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
Neutral

Posted 17 March 2011 - 12:46 PM

Hi everyone,

I am currently buying low binding barrier tips and 1.7ml low binding tubes in order to work with very very small amounts of DNA. I've looked for 0.2ml PCR tubes but I can't find them labeled as "low binding". So...are they all coated (low binding) by definition? If not, do these tubes exist? I was also wondering if the thin walls were equivalent?
If you know a company that sells them, please, let me know.

Thank you and have a great day. Maddie :)
Theory is when we know everything and nothing is working. Practice is when everything is working and nobody knows why. Here, we combine theory and practice. Nothing is working and nobody knows why.

A. Einstein

#2 Maddie

Maddie

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 289 posts
Neutral

Posted 18 March 2011 - 06:00 AM

I called eppendorf and they do not do 0.2 low binding PCR tubes because they do not have the mold to make them :blink: :rolleyes: .
I guess other companies have a similar explanation. Pito found some in China but I was really hoping to find some in the States..anyone?????
Theory is when we know everything and nothing is working. Practice is when everything is working and nobody knows why. Here, we combine theory and practice. Nothing is working and nobody knows why.

A. Einstein

#3 pito

pito

Veteran

• Global Moderators
  • 1,319 posts
Excellent

Posted 21 March 2011 - 05:51 AM

I found a supplier (in usa/europe) that has those tubes.... :lol:

Axygen : PCR-02-L-C and domed cap, PCR-02D-L-C

those should be low binding tubes.

:D

If you don't know it, then ask it! Better to ask and look foolish to some than not ask and stay stupid.

#4 Maddie

Maddie

Veteran

• Active Members
  • 289 posts
Neutral

Posted 21 March 2011 - 07:45 AM

Pito, you're da man :D ..again.
THANK YOU.

I ordered samples....still waiting on eppendorf Germany to come back to me :rolleyes: .

A. Einstein

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.