• Log in with Facebook Log in with Twitter Log in with Windows Live Log In with Google      Sign In   
  • Create Account

Submit your paper to J Biol Methods today!
Photo
- - - - -

Placing dNTP in 64 C waterbath

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Moebius

Moebius

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 March 2011 - 09:26 AM

Hi,

I was wondering if placing dNTP in 64C water-bath would ruin the solution. I plan to use a new solution, but I just want to make sure if anyone here think it will or will not affect the results of PCR.

Thanks!!

#2 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,525 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 March 2011 - 10:31 AM

I never did it, but don't think it will ruin it. The PCR reaction has higher temperatures...
Of course it depends on the time there, storing it at that temp will be harmful of course. ;)
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

#3 Moebius

Moebius

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts
Neutral

Posted 16 March 2011 - 11:34 AM

I never did it, but don't think it will ruin it. The PCR reaction has higher temperatures...
Of course it depends on the time there, storing it at that temp will be harmful of course. ;)

It was at most 10 minutes. I like your quote.

#4 hobglobin

hobglobin

Growing old is mandatory, growing up is optional...

• Global Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,525 posts
Excellent

Posted 16 March 2011 - 12:51 PM

Thanks, I like it too, and it's fitting here... ;)
One must presume that long and short arguments contribute to the same end. - Epicurus
...except casandra's that belong to the funniest, most interesting and imaginative (or over-imaginative?) ones, I suppose.

Home - About - Terms of Service - Privacy - Contact Us

©1999-2013 Protocol Online, All rights reserved.